Wednesday, March 11, 2009

letter to an old studio photography prof at SVA



De Lessio!

Hey is this still your address? Try real hard to remember me, this
is Sara Lafleur-Vetter I took your studio class at SVA 2005-2006,
tall, skinny, rough around the edges. We have to talk. I've since
been hired to work for the American Research Center in Egypt.

I've been living in Luxor, Egypt since October and I'm on contract
till about July 2010 it looks like. Guess what my job is? After not paying
any damn attention to studio photography I got the job of photographing
16,000+ ancient Egyptian blocks with fine relief hieroglyphs and
imagery. That's irony for ya, screw Alanis Morisette.

Anywho, please write back and tell me you are still at this email address
and we can have some correspondence. That would be swell.

I'm currently at about 4,000 blocks. So, I've got a ways to go.

Best,

lafleur

No comments: