Friday, January 15, 2010

The world works in mysterious ways.



As Owen says, "when it rains it pours." Damn straight. This week has been a showering of unexpected, impossible events. Let me make a list.

1. Our photos of Cairo appear in this months edition of CNN Traveller Magazine.
2. I met an amazing Austrian traveler who has been traveling through Africa for 5 years and we got to kick it and exchange music collections. I think he is my new hero.
3. My Egyptian/American friend Mona was busting ass to get into the Gaza Freedom March but like everyone else, couldn't hack it, so ended up coming for a splendid weekend Luxor visit.
4. My friend Mark also just so happens to be in Luxor visiting.
5. I somehow ended up in a National Geographic television show about the ancient Syrian city of Cutna which they filmed here in Luxor on the 13th and the 14th.
6. The German film crew working on the show were positively hilarious and we had ourselves a glorious time singing karaoke and dancing till 2 in the morning at Genesis. Twas one of those days that goes down in the book as almost unreal.


Details to follow.

1 comment:

Water at the Bottom of the Ocean said...

the next time you are with the germans, have them sing this! it's my favorite german karaoke song of all time (and i've done a LOT of german karaoke): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4OptTvX4I0