Friday, May 28, 2010

please call me baby





2nd day of sad. just finished my Eddie Adams Workshop application earlier today. went completely mental on it. I had been kind of working on it for weeks now and today i got so mental i had to just throw in the towel and turn it in. next time i gotta just chill out, lock myself in a room, and trust my gutt. not ask everyone and their mom to double, triple check my edit. i'm tired of this forever second guessing myself.

the truth is i'm just hard up for a friend. this is year four of isolation. can't tell you how hard it is sometimes. not being able to pick up a phone and say hey - let's go get a drink, let's go get a sandwich - this one's on me. goddamn.

i'm stocking up on savings. I shouldn't be depressed. should be proud as all hell. i've got all these little jobs on the side too, outside of finishing up at ARCE. Writing for a fodors travel book and a photo shoot for the african bank of development. But it all means nothing if you got no one to share it with.

A tattoo upon my arm: Happiness only real when shared.

No comments: