Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Good days bad days


Good days and bad days. Today was both. Bladder infection I thought was gone came back; unsure about what is going to happen to my unemployment when I tell them I forgot to file for a week of work in November, and then there's this waitressing gig that I seem to have landed that I'm not sure if I want or whether it will mess things up for me more than better them. So it is with life - forever a challenge on many levels. I'm too tired now from the bike journey I took and the antibiotics to get into it. I've just spent the last two hours trying to recount the story of Luxor being destroyed to make way for tourists. An exercise in radio - finally an assignment from KPFA, to get the wheels moving and my mind off of my own life.

I biked out there to his folks house today with the same motive - to put the unemployment, the restaurant, and my problems behind me - out of the desire to have my legs be the things to take me there. wanting the sun on my back and him within reach. I learned that I barely take pictures anymore and he barely paints. But things are moving around in us. I learned it will be okay. I learned things will only get better.

No comments: