Friday, December 28, 2007

Duh.




So it turns out I shot two corporative parties using a flash that was meant for a film camera. How I accomplished this rare act, I do not know. I just remember these two parties as being excruciatingly painful, my flash screen was blinking the whole time so I had no control over the flash itself and it was overall a very uncomfortable situation. I also shot the whole thing with a portrait lens (50mm 1.4) so at least half of the pictures are totally out of focus. In addition to this, I shot at 1600 ISO resulting in horribly grainy photos with those weird miscolored dots everywhere. "Professional" - that's me.

I have one more party to shoot tomorrow - thankfully this time I'm using a cheap SIGMA flash I borrowed from a friend. I have little anxiety about this party, even though I am a little feverish. It will be from 3-6 in the afternoon as opposed to 7-12 and it will be much more relaxed and with a good DJ.

Hoping I can recover from whatever sickness I have this time, and be somewhat normal by Monday, so I can at least enjoy a little celebration myself. I seem to always be sick in Russia. All it takes is to be a little underslept, and out walking from task to task in the cold. That's it. My immunity is nill. I blame it on not being breast-fed, which is my own damn fault for having some weird blood incompatibility with my mother when I was born, and throwing her into a coma.

I feel that this year's celebration will be much better than last years. All in all, this is my 4th new years celebration in Russia. The first new year's was when I came here for school, the second was when I came to visit Jesse, the third was last year, and this is number four. All of them have been poor, so I don't have high expectations, although something tells me this one will be joyous.

No comments: